Friday, January 12, 2018

The Call




I am swaying,
deep in rapture,
moved by the notes
of a chant born
at the inception of creation
Like the mermaids chant
I hear and remember
The song of the dawn of time,
echoing into the fibers of my being

- Now is the Time
Time to come home -

There was another time
when I felt myself
drowning in tides of grief
aimlessly floating
on waves of solitary
homelessness
with no key to unlock
the world within

-Now is the Time-
Time to come home

Later came Reiki
It became my home
I found hope
with it, came a burning
desire to cut all ties,
to sever the past
Laurence was left behind
and Aleema came to be

-Now is the Time-
Time to come home

During this time
I uprooted my ancestors,
and became an orphan
a seeker of truth
a believer of deeper meaning
seeking freedom
diving into the throes 
of life and death
A plunge 
that comes with no past

-Now, it the Time-
Time to come home

Today I as prepare to leap,
Into the vastness
Of the unknown
I shake my wings
as I find my ground
deep beneath my feet
I stretch preparing for flight
feathers fluttering
kissed by the tides
of my sweet soul
calling me
back home
to leap into more

of all that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment