Monday, June 21, 2021




New Wind

There is a spectacle out my window
the wind rises, fiercely grabbing every branch intent on testing its capacity to writhe,
leaves stubbornly holding on, showing their underside like schools of trout flashing scales mirroring the light of the rising moon
The wind extends its reach towards me, long fingers winding around crevices,
usurping nooks and filling crannies, composing high pitched tunes of wistful melodies
about empty cracks and lost spaces, lone wolves howling finding their way up the back stairs
and slipping in under my door, curling at my feet.
I listen to the call, feeling the ripples this lament brings
stirring my heart with lyrics of passion and heartbreak,
igniting the recesses of my mind, sparking lanterns
in the labyrinths of the complex world we inhabit.
I find myself praying “let all this be meaningful,
may we remember to cradle, give breath and foster
the living gift this pause is offering in the making of a better world”.
I am held by my roots, feeling the sap rising-up my spine
flowing out into my limbs, ready to withstand the swing and pull of standing tall
as I look out my window to life and death, night and day, here and there, love and hate,
you and me, within and without, us and them, truth and lies, fear and trust,
rest and sleeplessness, tears and laughter, prayer and blissful stillness.
Everyday.
I greet the soulful tunes coursing through the veins of the choices I make,
the tenderness for the ones I love,
the thoughts I let in amongst the onslaught of change shaking my bones,
showing the soft underbelly of trust, claiming patience,
discernment and kindness as we prepare for an unknown partnership
we have yet to meet.
The wind has gone, all is silent now
I am resting knowing tomorrow
I will be called again until it is time
to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment