Sunday, June 20, 2021

 
Father´s Day
June 20th 2021

River of Tears

Waves of grief engulf my breath
Tempests of salty tears
Bursting at the seams
Such intensity of loss
My mind is scared
My thoughts scattered
Leaves in the whirling void
Of nothingness

I miss your hands
I miss your quirkiness
I miss murmuring in your ear
I miss holding your hand
I miss hearing about your night
I miss fixing your computer
I miss feeling loved
Unconditionally

I ache for you
The tenderness of your heart
The safety of your presence
The steadiness of your love
I feel gripped by loss
Taking hold of my chest
Immersed in an unknown
I wish I could decipher

For now, I trust there is more
More to come and feel
More to rejoice and celebrate
More to gratefully remember
More than what we are here
Dressed in our human shields
Exposed to the Continuum
of Existence

No comments:

Post a Comment