Sunday, June 20, 2021


April 2020

Winds of Fire

I am burning up, there is fire
in the pit of my stomach
And I have yet to know why
it is so hard to be here today
steering this voyage
into a bleak unknown

many reasons can be found
political treachery and grandiosity
embedded social injustice
internalized racial inequity
the rampant violence of greed
depleting a decaying environment

my head pulses under my eyes
I don´t know if I can bear the beat
of the blinding contradictions
and the powerlessness I feel
by a world in decline
exploding at the seams

I feel small in this tidal wave
of chaotic need and call for action
impeded by learning indifference
and buried restrictions of our history
masked by self serving visions and
discourses of self importance

I hear if we choose reassuring beliefs
to be positive and creative
we will manifest a new reality 
and I say yes -- and it is not enough
how can we possibly construct a fair world
before we witness its present dissolution?

Befriending chaos and terror
brought forth by the tearing down
of habitual convenience and tribal thinking
while keeping alive the flame of a fairer future
is what my mind struggles with,
can we hold the spectrum of evolution? 




No comments:

Post a Comment