Thursday, July 15, 2021


 
Washington July 2021

I must write
to you


I ask
what is on my heart
since my mind is vacant
I am chasing thoughts
unable to catch them
before they disappear
around the corner

I see
and empty grieving mind
is not free, just frozen, images
scattered rusty leaves
aimlessly floating
behind my eyes, as I sit
staring into space

I watch
my wandering thoughts
walking down corridors
of a now foreign airport
filled with tired travelers
weary of each other
shielded by vacant stares

I feel
boarding a plane today
grief tearing down
the refuge of isolation
signaling the poignant loss
of the innocent reality
of coming home to his love

I miss
knowing my father 
will not be home
when I return, to ask me
"alors on the voit quand?"
in his need to have me close
and feel his world complete

I sense
I am afraid of the melancholic
nostalgia of his nearness
stretching over the years
as I have yet to live on my own
traveling the human world
absent of his tenderness

I trust 
that in the meantime
I will find him
swimming in the ocean
dancing under the vault 
of starry night skies
with trusting abandon


Daddy
I´ll miss you as I move on
holding memories past and present
aligning the arch of time
for us to meet again
in the eternal breath of time
uniting all that we ultimately are 



 





No comments:

Post a Comment